Wednesday, June 3, 2009

INTRO

FIRST OF ALL:
Observe the title of my blog.
HOW HILARIOUS AND BOLD OF ME, RIGHT? WHO ELSE IN THIS SOMBER DAY AND AGE WOULD PARODY THE WORKS OF ESTEEMED MUSIC CRITIC ALEX ROSS IN SUCH A DELIGHTFULLY IRONIC MANNER? YOU SEE, WHILE ESTEEMED MUSIC CRITIC ALEX ROSS SINGS PRAISE TO THE DYNAMIC, SHIFTING TEXTURAL SOUNDSCAPES THAT DOMINATE THE TWENTIETH CENTURY, I ACCLAIM TUNELESS BULLSHIT THAT

Oops. Apparently the title of Alex Ross' collection is "The Rest Is Noise", not "The Rest Is JUST Noise" as I had believed prior to uncovering the bottomless vistas of possibility that search engines offer.

Anyway, gut-busting shenanigans aside, my name is Steve Hughes, and I created this blog (like I assume most people have) presumably out of overflowing egomania, but also because I've become pretty passionate about music in the last 5 years.

To prevent any future bullshittery, I will be upfront RIGHT IN THIS VERY BLOG: I'm only 20. I figure stating this now will help me resist all future temptations to miraculously age myself 5-10 years in order to attain credibility in arguments that might ensue or platitudes that might topple off my tongue like a shitty metaphor I don't feel like thinking up.

Last thing:
Here's a swell trick I figured out in the past year or so that I'd love to share with the 0% of individuals currently reading this blog:
1.) GO TO FUCKING GOOGLEDOTCOM OR SOME SHIT
2.) TYPE IN THE NAME OF THE ARTIST FOLLOWED BY THE ALBUM TITLE
3.) FINISH IT UP WITH THE WORD "BLOGSPOT"
Ex: artist album blogspot
4.) HIT 'SEARCH'
5.) ????
6.) PROFIT!!!*

*By performing this simple string of actions, you'll most likely find some keen blog-owner has uploaded the album you're looking for with the intention of you (the lucky treasure hunter) downloading it to enjoy and ultimately, purchase a physical copy of to support the artist.

...unless of course, the album in question is rare as shit, and you realize giving some asshole on ebay a hundred bucks for it won't help the band feed themselves.

MY ADVICE: perform the 6 steps showcased above for any given Metallica album - even if you have no desire to listen to Metallica. Just download their entire discography and delete it. Trust me, the band is totally chill with you doing this.

ACTUAL CONTENT COMING SOON

No comments:

Post a Comment